New Australian CCTV Standards
The new Australian CCTV/VSS standards have been released. The Standards cover video surveillance system requirements, transmission protocols, camera performance and application guidelines.
The standards were adopted from IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) standards and comprise:
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 1-1: System requirements – General
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 1-2: System requirements – Performance requirements for video transmission
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 2-1: Video transmission protocols – General requirements
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 2-2: Video transmission protocols – IP interoperability implementation based on HTTP and REST services
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 3: Analog and digital video interfaces
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 4: Application guidelines
- AS/NZS 62676 Part 5: Data specifications and image quality performance for camera devices.
The Standard can be purchased through https://www.saiglobal.com/